1. Freshness is always the rule (if it's still there on your way home, it's too late)
2. Semi-squashed is much better than squashed; anything clobbered by an 18-wheeler is absolutely undesirable
3. Blacktop surfaces are much preferred over dirt roads; concrete is a gourmet's delight
4. Remember the early bird catches the...ah, worm!
Road Kill Recipes
- one, 4 lb. Armadillo (boned & cubed)
- one, large onion
- two cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- four, medium chile peppers
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tbs. chile powder
- 1 can beer
- 2 beef bullion cubes
Saute Armadillo until tender. Add onions, cook until onion is translucent. Add the rest of the seasonings, mix well and add beer and bullion cubes. Cook 10-12 minutes on medium heat.
Roadside Recipes - Photo by Alexander productions
This is postmarked in 2000.